Flowers in the Sewer

This is the way we feel
But you do it better
You feel it better

Moving softly, your chest heaves
Your eyes are wetter
Warm tones are shelter

Some people know the way you feel
But no one says it, ever
No one says it, ever

Any who thought they brought the storm
Lost all knowing
When it started blowing

Growing slowly, time will heal
Everything deadened
Emotions deadened

Spirit fills up emptiness
And then you're better
And then you're better

Tears will dry, and smiles return
I hope no one has to learn
The way that I learned
The way that I burned
Don't find out ever
Don't find out ever

I hope no one has to learn
The hardest way to learn
By the whole world spurned

This is the way I feel
And nothing says it better
Than a kiss goodbye
It's oh so clever
It's oh so clever

This is the way we feel
But you do it better
You feel it better

This is the way I feel
And nothing says it better
And nothing says it better

[all set to C, G and E (sigh)]

*

Amelia Earhart Phoned Ugedei Late

"There is nothing in the Universe more alone than Man. He has entered into the strange world of history." - Loren Eiseley

Having just finished reading the Hugo and Nebula Award Winner by David Brin, Startide Rising, I can say that initially I completely misjudged the book. It was almost 30 hours after I finished it that I really got it. It was a lot of fun. I've spent so much time on serious subjects lately that the light hearted part of the work, which was the greater part of it, completely went over my head.

The literary dynamics of the work were still very educational. Science fiction has never seemed more like a tool for spreading a love of science than with this work. The benefits and enjoyment of scientific knowledge and theory needs just such a vector from time to time.

-

"There is nothing left for me. I will overcome this light sword or go down the greatest statesman." - Words of a dead great statesman who did not manage to overcome the power of firearms.

Two more months of living off of Department of Defense MRE's has proven just how good they are. Quite healthy. I wonder what the daily meals were like in Abbottabad.
 
Subscribe by Email. . . RSS. . .
Creative Commons License
Symbols of Decay is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License..
Related written works at Angelfire, Sex Symbols, Cymbals of Silence.Repent or Die